Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Postal Code/Zip Code: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 1087-PC-04-08-2021
Date Opened: June 15, 2021
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Some College/Certification completed
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Founded in 1982, Ardene has become one of Canada's premier fashion retailers with over 350 stores in Canada, USA and the Middle East. Through an extensive product mix and continuous commitment to innovation, customer service, fashion and value, we aim to be the fashion value brand leader in Canada and worldwide for fashion accessories, footwear and apparel.
WHO YOU ARE:
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Coordinator will provide support within the Production team. The Production Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing all direct import orders as well a follow up internally with all development and fit departments to ensure orders delivered as scheduled.
The Production Coordiantor main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Read & answer all emails
- Cost and negotiate
- Enter and amend purchase orders
- Send out purchase orders (email)
- Review cost increases and deliveries with upper management
- Do preliminary approvals (trims, lab dips)
- Meets with designer(s) daily
- Track submitted samples and approvals
- Request samples, fabrics, trims, colors artwork etc
- Follow up:
- All pending (TBC) colors
- Pending artwork
- O/S sent or not
- Fit sample(s)
- File all samples received (approved and not approved L/D, S/O etc)
- Communicate with logistics department (confirm bookings)
- Follow transit reports update ETA’s
- Review bulk quality issues with the team
- Must understand our vendor manual
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field;
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience with a focus on apparel
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Strong communication skills;
- Bilingualism required (English and French). Mandarin a strong asset;
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen ability to multi-task;
- Willingness to take on new challenges;
- Positive, upbeat energy with ability to create fun working environment is a must
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.