Forklift Operator II
Location: Laval, QC, Canada
Location Details: Laval Distribution Center
Requisition Number: 11701-FO-DC-05-26
Date Opened: December 6, 2023
Number of Openings: 2
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Some High School or equivalent
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 250+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for dynamic, positive, driven team players to join us at our Distribution Center in the Laval area. The positions offered are full-time and permanent!
- Day shift (Monday through Friday) 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
If you are interested in this position, this is a great time to apply as we are looking to expand our team.
A Forklift Operator II operates industrial, high-bay-forklifts that transport merchandise onto high reach racking and within the warehouse to ensure time efficiency, easability and safety.
- Stack and unstack materials onto shelves or pallets;
- Optimize forklift loads for operational efficiency;
- Secure loads to forklift before transportation;
- Transport heavy materials from one place to another within warehouse;
- Verify and track all items received and shipped;
- Follow production schedules;
- Understand and identify warehouse safety hazards;
- Identify damages of forklift;
- Perform/schedule routine maintenance of forklift;
- Maintain safe work environment;
- Various other tasks as required (picking/packing/receiving/shipping).
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Valid fork-lifting certificate;
- Good hand-eye coordination;
- Capability of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time;
- Time management skills;
- Ability to maintain a safe working area;
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment;
- Attentive to details with strong organizational skills;
- Experience with High Bay racking.
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store, in the distribution center or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is committed to employment equity. Only those whose candidacy has been retained will be contacted.
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.