Construction & Administration Coordinator
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 13063-CNSTR-09-18-23
Date Opened: December 6, 2023
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Some College/Certification completed
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 250+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are currently looking for a Construction & Administration Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Construction & Administration Coordinator will work in collaboration with and assist the Construction team by supporting all store openings and acting as the main liaison in the construction process.
The Construction & Administration Coordinator’s main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Store Opening & Construction
- Supporting store opening process
- Coordination of construction/administration
- Collaboration and work with construction & design team as needed
- Communicating effectively with consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, vendors and internal departments
- Coordination for tender with vendors & contractors
- Assist in tender process for new projects & resolve tender queries
- Prepare store budget costing/analysis for review and approval
- Complete projects’ complete store costing
- Assist in preparing yearly budget forecasts
- Placing procurement orders for new construction projects
- Owner Supplied Materials inventory (OSM) management & forecast
- Coordinate pick-up and shipments of all materials with the Logistics department
- Assist in obtaining permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Managing site information and landlord contact information
- Managing construction weekly updates, progress photos and RFIs submittals
- Compiling all documents required by the architect and engineer for sign-off letters
- Compile all final documents (Statutory Declaration, Clearance certificate, etc.) required from General Contractors
- Assist in punch list walkthroughs – virtual or on site, deficiency list and managing execution of all deficiencies
- Coordinating and executing rollout schedules with vendors as well as Visual, Leasing and Operations departments
- Drawing organization and management (distribution, filing, printing, etc.)
- Clerical duties: file management, data entry, copying and scanning documents as required.
- Review and process all invoices and change orders received from third parties
- Assist occasionally the store maintenance as required
- Assist on projects including construction, design and drafting as required
- Other projects as required.
- Minimal travel required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Education in interior design, architecture, architectural technology or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of design and/or construction experience in commercial retail/hospitality
- Knowledge of Construction, construction cost analysis, renovation processes, fixturing processes & building systems
- Strong administration skills
- Understanding of materials, fabrication methods and construction details
- Basic understanding of construction industry standards, building codes, and other authorities with jurisdiction
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Office, G-Suite and AutoCAD 2D an asset.
- Knowledge of green building design concepts and practices an asset
- Exceptional organizational skills, comfortable with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, and ability to problem-solve
- Fluent in French and English (spoken and written)
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle considered an asset
- Limited travel will be expected to verify site conditions (if required).
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.