Loss Prevention Analyst
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 2553-LPA-07-22-2021
Date Opened: September 27, 2021
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
Reporting to the Manager, Investigations / Loss Prevention, the Senior Loss Prevention Analyst will provide support to the team while performing the following tasks:
- Generating exception reports, analyzing and reviewing data to identify potentially fraudulent activity such as:
- Fraudulent refunds on (debit, credit, gift card or cash tender)
- Fraudulent gift card activations
- Excessive employee purchases
- Price modifications
- Discount abuse
- Other reports as needed
- Cross-referencing data with other internal systems such as camera surveillance, payroll system, card processing system (Moneris), Ecom - Salesforce and Dec-Commerce platforms
- Preparing all fraud dossiers and conducting interrogations as needed
- Preparing LP reports as needed
- Providing confidential information to various Law Enforcement agencies when needed (e.g., camera surveillance footage)
- Assists LP team with various projects and administrative tasks when needed
- Responsible for all LP memos
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Minimum of 3 years as an LP Analyst
- Advanced exception reporting skills ( XBRi experience an asset)
- BSP certified (Investigations license) mandatory
- W-Z (Wicklander Zulawski) Certified, an asset
- Any Loss Prevention certifications, an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Security and Loss Prevention procedures and best practices
- Excellent computer skills
- Advanced Excel skills is preferred
- Fully bilingual (French and English) is mandatory
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to prioritize work
- Highly motivated and has ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Valid drivers license
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is committed to employment equity. Only those whose candidacy has been retained will be contacted.
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.