Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 5137-CC-01-07-2022
Date Opened: January 22, 2022
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
You're an English copywriter with a knack for creativity and sharp attention to detail. Not only are you excellent with words, but you also have a deep understanding of brand building and can develop a strong tone of voice. You’re a team player, too. When it comes to fostering relationships, you're a thoughtful and action-oriented person who can anticipate the needs of their teammates and deliver outstanding results.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, and working closely with the Marketing and Brand team, the Creative Copywriter is responsible for supporting Ardene's creative writing activities across the company. Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write creative copy for various channels (e-commerce newsletters, ardene.com, marketing collateral such as store signage and flyers, product tags, presentation decks, etc.) in keeping with Ardene's brand and tone of voice.
- Write and edit copy, proofread with a critical eye, and occasionally format documents for cross-departmental projects as required.
- Brainstorm and regularly meet with Creative brand team to build and maintain Ardene’s customer-facing tone of voice.
- Keep Ardene's language & terms database up to date.
- Deliver creative copy assets to departments across the company.
- Develop strong relationships with departments such as Marketing and Brand, and Ecommerce.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Ability to communicate in English and French, with particular focus on English writing.
- Impeccable English writing (beyond fluency, must be a skilled writer who can produce content for various channels).
- University degree in communications studies, media, journalism, marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational skills, with a capacity to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking and collaboration skills.
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.