Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 5197-AC-01-14-2021
Date Opened: January 21, 2022
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Some College/Certification completed
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
The Accounting Clerk will provide support to the team by assisting with various tasks and projects as assigned. This is an entry level position that reports to two different people, doing different functions for each one.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Retrieve invoices from online/mail
- Keep track of incorrect charges and follow up with providers
- Enter invoices/payments/reconcile in Sage
- End of month expense reports for Telecommunication and Internet
- Monthly Municipal tax reports
- Payments for Business Licences and Alarm for stores
- Filing documents
- Up to date with SAP Concur on a monthly basis
- Keep track of cardholders list and follow up with credit card users
- Update when new changes occur with credit cards
- Create access in CIBC US Bank for credit card holders
- Help users retrieve their statements online (i.e. locked/expired accounts)
- Verify the credit card statements and that the expense reports balance are properly entered
- Other day to day tasks linked to accounting
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- DEC and/or some experience in accounting, specifically in AP
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work with fellow employees to help resolve problems and issues
- Proficiency with data entry and basic computer skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Organisation and time management abilities
- Bilingual (English and French)
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.