Buying Production Coordinator
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 6234-BPC-04-20-2022
Date Opened: May 16, 2022
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
Buying Production Coordinators are responsible for overseeing all direct import and domestic orders as well as follow up internally with all development, transport and accounting to ensure orders are delivered as scheduled. The major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Approve, communicate and track all approvals daily (delivery, samples, fit, PP, trims, L/D, artwork, fabric, bulk shipment, comments from China QC, credit notes).
- Follow up with suppliers – request samples, fit, trims, L/D, artwork, fabric, missing documents, payment information, etc.
- Meetings with buyer to review priorities.
- Work with relevant depts on social media initiatives, visual merchandising and e-commerce teams.
- Enter and amend PO’s.
- Discuss price increase with manager & negotiate with supplier.
- Approve ML & CCL layouts.
- Bulk quality issues.
- Send out vendor manual & ensure the supplier clearly understands our procedures.
- Communicate with nominated trim supplier & apparel supplier regarding any problems with quality of labels and relate the message to the graphic/marketing department.
- Participate in meetings with suppliers, take notes, follow-up on administrative questions, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 years minimum in a similar role;
- University level degree or related experience;
- Proficient in basic MSOffice software;
- Bilingualism required (French and English);
- Strong collaborator;
- Good presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and be flexible;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Results oriented;
- Strong team player;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize;
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is committed to employment equity. Only those whose candidacy has been retained will be contacted.
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.