Total Reward Specialist
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 7111-TRS-06-09-2022
Date Opened: July 27, 2022
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
We at Ardene are looking for an outgoing, highly motivated and dedicated Total Reward Specialist to join our growing team. If you are positive, passionate about fashion, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, we want to hear from you! This is a great opportunity for a driven and dynamic individual to join an exciting and evolving team!
Reporting to the Total Reward Manager, the Total Reward Specialist will provide administrative and strategic support for HR strategy delivery impacting the stores, head office and distribution centers. The incumbent will support the development of different HR projects and will work in collaboration with the payroll team to provide Total Rewards support and recommendations.
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team and HR colleagues in the attainment of business objectives through people strategies.
- Analyze needs and develop Total Rewards strategies related to Compensation, Benefits and Performance Management.
- Develop, monitor and maintain the Company’s compensation and Total Reward programs, including salary structure, bonus/commission plans, RRSPs, pay equity, vacation and time-off policies etc.
- Manage the benefit programs for both Canada and the US while maintaining competitiveness and costs.
- Oversee the company’s annual performance management & merit review process and recommend solutions to ensure alignment with company objectives.
- Develop effective communication strategies/documentation relating to HR initiatives and ensure communications are adapted to the target audience.
- Provide salary reviews and recommendations upon request and collaborate with senior leadership to ensure alignment and internal equity.
- Negotiate and manage contractual relationships with vendors.
- Maintain an effective communication and working relationship with the Payroll team.
- Review USA Benefits offering and conduct a marketing exercise in partnership with our broker.
- Maintain and review the following Total Rewards elements:
- Performance Management and Merit process for all employee groups.
- Current vacation, time-off policies and flexible scheduling policies and offerings.
- Pay equity compliance.
- Stores salary increase process, wage scales and compensation strategies.
- Stores base pay in light of minimum wage Increases and to manage wage compression.
- Stores Bonus Plans.
- Group Insurance offerings.
- Conduct a compensation analysis and create wage scale for all market .
- Develop an individual total compensation communication for DC and HO employees.
- Review RRSP contribution and develop an employer matching initiative.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- Experience with Compensation, Benefits & Performance Management projects
- Experience with data manipulation that leads to actionable business insights
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail and commitment to high quality work
- Excellent communication skills (English and French, spoken and written)
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required, including advanced Excel functions
- Experience in Retail an asset
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.