Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 1006-LA-07-28-2021
Date Opened: September 26, 2021
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
As Lease Analyst, you will report to the Leasing Paralegal. Your primary responsibility will be the analysis and processing of year-end lease invoices and adjustments. You will also be responsible for any other related project or function depending of the needs of the real estate department. Job responsibilities include:
- CAM & Tax reconciliations:
- perform CAM and Tax reconciliations.
- analyze invoice backup as needed for CAM and Tax.
- communicate with landlords regarding inaccurate billings and maintain detailed notes regarding those communications.
- negotiate invoiced lease amounts directly with Landlords while maintaining a professional working relationship.
- maintain accurate records of status claim results with landlords using Excel; communicate disputes and collection efforts to management quarterly or upon request.
- Resolve disputes with landlords;
- Establish positive relations with landlords;
- Review and approve all business tax invoices.
- Handle abstract commercial lease documents;
- Other projects as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Relevant degree and minimum 3 years lease audit experience;
- 1-2 years practical experience in commercial real estate would be an asset;
- Ability to read and understand leases;
- Problem solver, resourceful and innovative decision maker with the ability to meet critical deadlines, including multiple and changing priorities;
- Must excel in ability to prioritize and multitask workload;
- Strong analytical skills and high competence in Word and Excel;
- High-level report writing and presentation skills.
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.