Office Assistant - Accessories
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 4444-OAA-11-05-2021
Date Opened: November 26, 2021
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Part Time
Education: Some College/Certification completed
Career Level: Entry Level
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are currently looking for an Office Assistant - Accessories to join our dynamic, forward-thinking team. The Office Assistant - Accessories will provide part-time support to the team by assisting with various tasks and projects as assigned.
Reporting to Senior Buyer, the Office Assistant - Accessories will be helping the Buying team with basic tasks and sample handling.
The Office Assistant - Accessories main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Print all quotations
- Print previews with images each week from buyer previews on PLM.
- Generate Previews
- Open boxes of samples
- Process Purchase Order (PO) changes, such as retail, cost, quantity changes, cancellations
- Send revised PO to buyers
- Manage and follow up on pre-production (PP) samples
- Follow up on deliveries
- Communicate approval sample comments to the buyer
- Approve PP samples the in PLM
- Update images once product is approved
- Top sample scanning, email comments to buyer
- Organizing and maintaining sample wall
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Completion of post-secondary education in a pertinent field of study;
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a retail role;
- Proficiency in English (both written and spoken);
- Strong knowledge of Outlook and Excel;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Enjoys working in a fast paced demanding environment.
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.