Apparel Designer - Swimwear and Lingerie
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 9822-SLD-11-30-2022
Date Opened: February 2, 2023
Number of Openings: 0
Job Type: Temporary
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Some College/Certification completed
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are currently looking for a designer to join our dynamic, forward-thinking team. This is a temporary position for a 12-month contract. You are original, contemporary, creative, energetic. You live and breathe fashion and thrive when given the freedom to create from a blank canvas.
Strength for research, styling, tech packs has technical design experience
Very passionate about fashion and trade
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Swimwear and Lingerie Designer will be responsible for the creation and development of all designs aligned to the concept direction and the Ardene brand.
The Swimwear and Lingerie Designer main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The entire product design process, including market research, commodity creation, sketching and fit;
- Developing and executing product designs that are aligned with the overall product strategy and merchandise objectives;
- Researching global markets to identify emerging trends, fabrics, techniques that are aligned with the Ardene customer and brand;
- Active participation in the concept development of product lines, in close collaboration with applicable teams (design, production, sourcing, graphics, fit);
- Participating in fit sessions and approving production elements related to design (fabric, trim, color);
- Presenting seasonal lines developed, providing relevant insight consistent with market trends and business strategy;
- Creating and overseeing design to ensure quick flow through and strong adherence to the production calendar;
- Analyzing sales, managing budgets and creating product that supports business objectives;
- Other tasks/projects as required;
- Travel as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- At least five (5) years of experience in a similar role;
- College-level degree in Fashion Design or related experience;
- Relevant experience in contemporary fashions is a strong asset;
- Strong knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Proficient in basic Microsoft Office software;
- Bilingualism required (French/English);
- Excellent fashion sense and ability to translate trends;
- Proven experience in garment construction and design;
- Proven knowledge of the production cycle;
- Positive attitude;
- Proven ability to collaborate with all functions and all levels;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and be flexible;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Results oriented;
- A strong team player with the ability to influence others;
- Ability to take on and prioritize a wide-ranging, ample workload.
When submitting your application, please include samples of your portfolio.
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.