Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 3613-AP-09-21-2021
Date Opened: October 17, 2021
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Some College/Certification completed
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Accounts Payable supports the accounting team by performing the administrative tasks of the department. His/her main responsibilities are to carry out the accounting operations of the accounts payable cycle in addition to ensuring constant and diligent follow-ups on all the other operations of the department. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing all purchases for vendors located in US, Canada and Asia except China by processing invoices into the system.
- Communicate with vendors and buyers for all discrepancies;
- Respond to inquiries, both internal and external;
- Manage and maintain vendor record and create new vendors accordingly;
- Review vendor's statement of accounts;
- Update monthly utility report;
- Account analysis report;
- Participate in month/year-end procedures;
- Request receipts internally for all credit card transactions;
- Perform other accounting duties may be necessary for the efficient running of the department;
- Other Ad Hoc reports as requested.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- DEP or DEC in Accounting;
- 1-2 years experience in an Inventory AP role;
- Autonomy and thoroughness;
- Structured and well organized;
- Good command of the Office suite, especially Excel;
- Bilingual – considered to be an asset;
- Experience in an environment using an ERP system - asset.
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.