Business Intelligence Developer Analyst
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 5111-BIDA-01-05-2022
Date Opened: January 21, 2022
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
As our BI Developer Analyst, you will play a key role on our IT team, acting as the first point of contact to all data and reporting needs at our corporate office. You will play a key role in ensuring the development and evolution of reporting needs. Reporting to the Director of IT, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, construct, install and maintain highly scalable data management systems that ingest and integrate large volumes of data from different sources;
- Design, build, and productize complex data pipelines, including ETL/ELT jobs, to process disparate, dirty data sources and form a high integrity, high quality, clean data asset;
- Monitor and track data quality and data flow dynamics;
- Improve data foundational procedures, guidelines, and standards;
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures;
- Create custom software components and analytics applications;
- Collaborate with other Engineers, Data Scientists and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities as they arise;
- Act as an expert for designing and creating delivery teams’ reports and dashboards;
- Ensure quality in the delivery and documentation of development activities;
- Promote the BI center of expertise among the business lines;
- Collaborate and share ideas with communities of practice.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field;
- A minimum of 4 years industry experience working with data, coding and scripting design and testing;
- A minimum of 4 years experience developing and administering large data systems;
- A minimum of 4 years experience in data modeling and administration of SQL databases;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft BI suite (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS);
- Experience with Power BI and SSRS visualization tools;
- Experience with GCP suite such as: BigQuery, an asset;
- Solid knowledge of CS fundamentals in algorithms and data structures;
- Willingness to participate in all levels of project work when necessary;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, French an asset.
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.