Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 9773-ID-11-24-2022
Date Opened: March 24, 2023
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Developer to join our team. Reporting to the IT Director, the Intermediate Developer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and code new programs to enhance system functionality;
- Understand and support systems already deployed;
- Collaborate with the team to develop and perform unit and acceptance tests and implement enhancements;
- Work with stakeholders to solve problems, debug, profile, etc.;
- Recommend application optimization techniques and strategies aimed at improving system performance and processes;
- Advance the concepts of agile development and best practice development techniques;
- Be a team player in a group of developers – collaborate, listen, support and share ideas effectively in a team setting;
- Adhere to established departmental standards.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 4+ years of software development (web application) working experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or equivalent;
- Experience with user interface and graphic design principals, technologies, and paradigms;
- Experience with .NET (WebApi, MVC, C#, Razor, Entity Framework);
- Experience with object-oriented software design and service-oriented architectures;
- Experience with responsive design a plus;
- Experience with SQL database a plus;
- Open to new challenges;
- Ability to work well with others, particularly as a team member;
- Able to meet deadlines and multitask;
- Able to manage competing priorities in a complex environment;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audience;
- Bilingual – French and English.
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
The Ardene head office is truly a creative hub that is second to none. Join us and see for yourself!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.